Friday, June 04, 2010

What do you do on your day off?

I took off work on May 24.  Most people have a relaxing day planned on their day off.  I had a good day planned, but it certainly wasn't the relaxation that most people dream of.  Here's what I did:

10 loaves of fresh garlic bread

5 pans of Homemade Baked Ziti

Why do you spend your day off like this??  You may be wondering that, I know that others have questioned my sanity!  However, I have two reasons: 1.  I love my husband and 2.  I like to cook!  Michael is in charge of the 6th grade Banquet at Cornerstone.  This is when the 6th graders "graduate" and are promoted to 7th grade.  This is the 2nd year that I have done all the food for it.  The complete menu is tossed salad, baked ziti, garlic bread and dessert.  This year, a parent donated homemade pound cakes for dessert and Piggly Wiggly donated sweet tea for the event.  There are between 75-100 people usually in attendance.  I have a wonderful person who helps me in the kitchen to serve the food and we have a girl that watches Sarah until I'm finished.  I enjoy doing it and will miss it when we probably won't be in charge of it next year. 

No comments: