This is what I found when I got home from work yesterday. Look at the sweet, pitiful little girl sound asleep in her bed. In case you can't tell, she has her Bama cheerleader doll under one arm, her monkey under the other arm, and her cup of milk nearby.
We have been struggling with sleep issues! She doesn't sleep enough at night, so she gets tired mid-morning and wants to take a nap. Then she doesn't usually want to take a nap in the afternoon, which leads to a grumpy little girl at night, but she wouldn't dare go to bed early!!
Yesterday, we entered into a new chapter of sleep -- at least mentally, Mommy and Daddy started a new chapter. We have to make her sleep and break her sleep cycles! We are now putting her in bed and letting her cry. I don't really like it, but I don't know what else to do. It worked yesterday for her nap, so we tried it last night. She did great until her usual 3 am wake up call. Only mommy is the fix for that. Michael went in her room about 3-4 times because she was crying for mommy. Mommy needs sleep!! Mommy needs to rest her arm and shoulder from 18 months of holding her in the middle of the night when she wakes up!! I'm sorry sweet girl ... Mommy does love you more than anything, but you're own your own. You have to learn to sleep. Once we tackle the sleeping, we'll talk about your best friend (paa paa). Of course, we're not going to tell you that right now. Sweet dreams baby bug!
1 comment:
I hated letting Corban cry... When we finally conditioned him he started with the ear infections and then the tubes.... started all over then we were up all night from teething.... then started all over. He still wakes up but only cries for a few minutes and goes back to sleep....
Post a Comment