Friday, June 18, 2010

Feed Me Books Friday: Wibbly Pig

Okay, I confess ... I may be trying to turn Sarah into a lover of all things pink and cuddly with little curly tails.  When I was growing up, I had Wilbur Pig.  He was named after Charlotte's Web and was actually featured on Full House -- Michelle had a stuffed pig just like mine!  Wilbur was eventually shortened to Wilby and I still have him today.  Sarah hasn't yet been allowed to play with Wilby.  She might hurt him!  So, for Christmas, Nana and Papa gave Sarah this book.  We changed the name a bit to make it more special for us - Wilby Pig.  Sarah can say his name and she loves to look for Tiny Pig and the other pigs who are hiding in this book.  She will sometimes hold her pig while we read about this pig.
Well, then I saw this book in the clearance section several months ago at Books a Million.  So, of course we had to get this one as well!  Sarah loves to help Wilby Pig go to bed.  She likes it probably because Wilby is just like her and tries to avoid going to bed!  We read this one a lot at bedtime, but I like it for anytime too!  Well, just when I was writing this post, I saw on Amazon that there were other Wibbly Pig books ...




There are even more listed on Amazon.  I had no idea!!!  So many choices ... which one to choose???

No comments: