---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hubby and I have been married 14 years.
We have three children.
We've been thru a lot.
I think we have a great marriage. We communicate well. We fight fair.
But I want it to be even better.
And it starts with me.
Busy schedules, demanding children, job pressures and selfishness gives our marriage a beating. And we have to fight to keep it healthy, to keep it passionate.
I entered this New Year wanting to initiate more time for us. I want to capture moments to remind him that before all of this, there was just us. The two of us.
I was flipping through January's Woman's Day Magazine and a title caught my attention "Lock Lips with Your Husband."
Reading the blurb, I learned that there is an actual chemical released when you kiss called The Cuddle Chemical. It produces a euphoric feeling. And an unplanned passionate kiss increases the chemical.
Now, let's be honest. I kiss my hubby everyday. A peck here. A smooch there. But a knock-his-socks off K-I-S-S? Well, there's dinner and a toddler pulling on my leg, a ringing phone, and endless homework. And not to mention the utter exhaustion I feel at the end of the day.
Well. You know. It's hard.
I'm issuing my own personal Kiss Challenge for myself. For 30 days, starting Feb. 1st, I'm planning to passionately lock lips with my hubby. To block out all distractions for a few minutes and lay one on him.
I think just this one simple act will speak volumes to my man.
{You can secretly join in too if you up to some serious smooches}
The days leading up to Valentine's Day (Feb. 11-13), I will be having a little S.W.A.K. carnival. I want you to link up a post honoring your hubby anytime during those three days. It can be how you met, your first kiss, what you're doing to celebrate Valentine's Day, or about your own personal Kiss Challenge.
For several days, I will be sharing some of my marriage secrets, my fau paxs and what I've learned.
You might also want to stock up on some chap stick. I'm just sayin'.
Tell me what you think....can we join together {on Valentine's Day} to honor our hubbies in some way?
You DO NOT have to join the Kiss Challenge to link up to the Valentine's Day carnival!
Food for the Soul:
Song of Solomon 1:16 "[ Beloved ] How handsome you are, my lover! Oh, how charming! And our bed is verdant."
-----------------------------
So, I can relate ... Michael and I will have been married 3 years in March. It has been a wonderful three years. But, now that Sarah is here ... our time together (just us) is limited! Also, we are involved in a marriage mentoring class at church. We want to be intentional with our marriage and put each other first. Without each other, there would be no family unit! So, think about it ... are you up to the challenge? Want to participate in the SWAK carnival?
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment