I know that we are in big trouble with some of you for our lack of posting over the past week, and also because we never posted pictures. Oh well ... you'll have to forgive and forget. Life goes on! :)
In all actuality, it has been a busy week!! Last Monday (6/30), Gus had another episode. This time, he had two "seizures" back to back. It was very scary. We did better, we didn't rush immediately to the vet. Instead, we called a friend of ours who owns her own vet clinic in Gardendale (about 30 minutes from our house). We described everything that was happening and she decided that she wanted to see Gus the next morning. Lucky for me, it was my Gardendale day -- so I was already going to be up there. So, Michael and I decided that we would go and I would meet them there. Well, Miranda is a genius apparently because she did the most novel thing ever -- she took Gus' temperature and blood work! He had a fever of 104 and a high white blood count. My little buddy was very sick!!! Here's the scary part ... she kept him the rest of the day on IV fluids and IV antibiotics!!! Can you imagine little gus like that?! At the end of the day, I went back and got him. She sent us home with some medicine, and now, almost a week later -- he's acting like his old self again! He's eating more, going potty more, everything. He's healed! Thanks Miranda!!!
In other news, baby Sarah continues to grow. We ordered her furniture this weekend, and her bedding is supposed to be delivered today. Michael and his dad are planning on painting her bedroom next week. My next appointment is in about 2 weeks.
We hope that you had a nice 4th of July with family/friends. Happy Summer!!!
2 comments:
Yay, I am glad Gus is ok. I am so excited for you about the furniture, I know that may sound silly to some but I think it is exciting. Can I ask where you got it from? I think we are going to get ours from Ikea.....
I'm glad Gus is better! And I am super glad that Sarah is growing! You will have to post pics when y'all get the nursery ready! (Or I could just come see it in person :D) Let me know if y'all need anything!
Post a Comment