Well as most of you know, Sarah attended daycare at Cornerstone (with Michael) since she was 6 weeks old. This week, we started a new adventure and put her in "real" school with her age appropriate peers. The morning drop-offs have gotten better, but she still cries when we pull into the parking lot. It doesn't bother me too much because I know that she has fun during the day. Last night she was talking about Mrs. Mary and Ms. Gabby. She also kept trying to tell Michael all about pickles. Why pickles? Because she is learning about them!!!
In the short three days that she has been at school, so far she has learned about grapes and corn (Monday), carrots and blackberries (Tuesday) and pickles and apples (Wednesday). Today she will learn about squash and strawberries. She has even brought home artwork! It makes me happy to see the little notes from her teachers and see the art that she has done. She also gets her hair done each day. She told me that Ms. Gabby does her hair. Apparently she really does, because each day that Michael has picked her up, her hair has been different than when we sent her. Oh well! Today I didn't fix her hair, so we'll see what happens with that! :)
I'm excited to see how much Sarah learns -- not just cognitive tasks, but socially. She hasn't been around many kids her age and she tends to keep to herself. Other adults often comment that she is a serious child. I can't wait to see her evolve and play more with her little friends.
1 comment:
I am glad she is adjusting well. My how they grow up fast!
Post a Comment