Well, today is a better day! We went to the doctor this morning and did our 4-D ultrasound. Sarah cooperated a little better today and we got a few pictures, but she is now completely breech instead of being horizontal. I don't care, as long as she is comfortable and healthy -- which she appears to be! :)
The doctor still really wasn't pleased with my blood sugar numbers, so he prescribed a form of long-lasting insulin that I will take at night before bedtime. Yes, one more needle going into my body. But that's okay. I'm fine with it now. Whatever works!
I also asked for a referral to a diabetic educator. It turns out that it got overlooked at my last appointment and that I should have been referred to one as soon as I got diagnosed. Well ... imagine that?! Going to someone immediately to learn about your problems, rather than waiting 2 weeks and having countless mental breakdowns?! So, the nurse called the diabetic center and the lady was actually able to see me right then. We waited on her, she came and got us, and then we went to her office. Needless to say, when you have correct and accurate knowledge, anything seems doable! After speaking with her for almost 2 hours, Michael and I both feel better about the situation. She explained to me the things that I'm supposed to watch out for, the information to look for on nutritional labels, and most important ... she gave me a new glucometer that doesn't hurt my fingers!!! Yeah!
So, things seem much more manageable now. It will still be hard and I still have to figure out what works best for me, but at least for now, things seem to be looking up! I go back in one week so that they can see my numbers and see how I have reacted with the insulin. But, stress also makes the numbers go up higher, and I have definitely been feeling stressed. So hopefully, things are looking better. No, in fact, I am saying that things are better. I feel relief from knowing more, knowing that Sarah is doing well, and just have more peace of mind today -- and that is half the battle!
Thank you for your prayers and support. Also, thanks Jennifer for including us on your blog ... I'm thinking girl! :)
1 comment:
Peace at last!!!! You will get to meet her before you know it!!!! I can't wait. We need to find a night and get together for dinner or something.
Post a Comment