Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 12 Update

Well, we went yesterday to the doctor. After filling out tons of paperwork and basically signing our lives away ... we heard the heartbeat! Pretty exciting, huh?


At first, the nurse had some difficulty in finding it (I think the baby was playing Hide and Seek!), but then she was able to locate it. Of course, as soon as we heard it, the baby moved again ... such a playful little crawley bug! She found it again, I started crying -- all in all a good day!


The heartbeat was measured at 164. According to internet and old wives tales, this means that we are likely having a girl. (Above 140 -- girl; Under 140 -- boy) Is this accurate? Who knows?! If you remember the heart rate of your child, let us know if it ended up being accurate or not!

In other related news ... Michael is almost finished with school for this year and I think I'm mostly done with my morning (um, all day) sickness. Yeah!!!! Gus is looking forward to having his daddy all to himself for these long summer days. I guess he better enjoy it this year, next year will be completely different for the little child dog!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats! We did not know you all were expecting that is awesome! We have two girls and their heartbeats were fast, if I am remembering correctly:) Sorry we missed your bday party Michael we were in Atlanta that weekend. We look forward to baby updates!
Kim Miller

Jen said...

I found your blog! I decided to start mine back up again... well maybe.
Jennifer Snyder