Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekend Update

Well, the football game was fun on Friday night. Cornerstone was down by 2 touchdowns at the beginning of the 4th quarter when we left, but it was still a fun time. Michael's kids had camped out by the gate, so as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, the care was surrounded by kids!! It was funny to see them all trying to get into the car to be the first one to introduce themselves. Throughout the night, more people kept coming up to meet me. I am very pleased with Michael's school. The people that I met, students, teachers and parents, are all very nice. They seem genuinely excited that Michael is there. I know that this is exactly where God wants him to be, and I am so thankful that we listened and were obedient to God in this matter.

Saturday was devoted to football -- obviously! War Eagle!! Auburn had a great game as usual. They are looking pretty good ... Alabama on the other hand ... while they did manage to pull out a win, they are looking pretty rough. Vanderbilt should have been an easy win, but they had so many mistakes. Anyway, what matters is that in the end they won ... Roll Tide!

This week, Michael and I are attending the Living Truth Conference at our church, Hunter Street Baptist Church in Hoover. It is about adopting a Biblical Worldview and seeing the truth for what it truly is. It was a great start last night. I'll be writing more about it as the week goes on.

No comments: